» How to choose a proxy
We have previously written that for affiliate marketing it is important to:
- Mask the real data of your connection.
- The data of the connection must look like the data of a real user.
To do this, you need to use an antidetect browser and proxy.
With their help, from one device, you can configure unique digital data for a specific geo of each of your accounts. For example, while in Rome, you can work with accounts from anywhere in the world without worrying that you will be calculated.
If one account is banned, you will need to replace the IP, fingerprint, email address, phone number and payment order.
In this article, we will show you how to choose a proxy.
What is a proxy
A proxy is an intermediary program between the user’s device and the site that he visits.
If the user does not disguise his connection in any way, when visiting the site, the site owner can analyze all the information he receives from the visitor’s device: where he is, from which device he visits the site, IP/
If the user is using a proxy, the site sees the proxy server data or the internet service provider, but not the user.
Proxies are used for:
- Bypass restrictions. By using a proxy, you can bypass the bans in specific countries and sites. Thus, you can mask your real IP and impersonate another user.
For example, when Telegram was blocked in Russia, many users continued to use the messenger using proxy servers: they connected to the proxy servers of countries in which the messenger was not prohibited, and could use it despite the restrictions in force in Russia.
It also helps to visit the resources where your original IP was blacklisted.
- Anonymous access. For a number of reasons, some users prefer to stay anonymous online and don’t want to allow other sites to analyze their data. If a person uses a proxy, site owners either see information from data centers or data from an Internet provider. In any case, the user himself can remain anonymous.
- IP hacking protection. By using a proxy, attackers will see the proxy server data, not the user himself. As a result, they will not be able to access his data.
- Affiliate marketing. If you plan to work with several advertising accounts at once, farm accounts on social networks or run ads for different types of offers, it will be hard to work without a proxy.
Firstly, if you use accounts of different geo that all have the same IP, their trust will automatically be lower. Secondly, if one of the accounts is blocked, all accounts with the same IP will be suspected.
If a proxy is needed for affiliate marketing, a separate IP will be required for each account, and not all types of proxies will work.
What types of proxies exist
Proxies can be divided into different categories depending on the protocol, type of placement, level of anonymity, etc.
We will analyze two key criteria: the type of protocol and the type of placement.
Protocol type. The most popular protocols are HTTP, HTTPS and Socks. At the same time, the first two types of proxies are not entirely suitable for affiliate marketing: in the transmitted data, they inform the site owner that a proxy is accessing them. As a result, the site owner understands that he doesn’tt receive data from a real user and cannot identify him.
If you try to run ads on Facebook with such proxies, the trust to the account will automatically be lower.
Moreover, while transmitting data, cheap proxies can report the real IP of the user, as a result, you will not be able to maintain anonymity.
Earlier we already wrote that it is important for a social network to know as much as possible about each user.
If a proxy is used by a user who uses an account on Facebook only to communicate and receive information, the social network cannot punish him for trying to keep his connection data anonymous. If we are talking about an advertising account, then a social network can subject such an account to a greater number of checks.
Socks proxies support all kinds of protocols including HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. Socks proxies provide complete anonymity to the user, while the website owner will not see that the proxy is accessing him. For this reason, they are considered more reliable.
For traffic arbitrage, we recommend paying attention to proxies, depending on the type of placement.
There are only two types of proxy placement: Data center proxies and residential proxies.
Data Center proxy. Such proxies are issued by companies in a large volume. Using such proxies when visiting sites, the resource owner will see the IP and data of the data center. Data center proxies are cheap or can be obtained for free.
The low cost is due to a number of reasons:
- Denying access to a number of websites. Some websites deny access to the site if the user hides his data and uses a proxy. Thus, you will be limited in your ability to visit a number of resources.
- Low trust. In our experience, large companies, such as Google or Facebook, lower the trust level of an advertising account if it uses a proxy. Thus, it can lead to more checks and faster bans. But it will depend on what offers you are working with and whether you are breaking the rules of a particular resource.
- Non-unique. Data center proxies can be sold to several people at once. As a result, your data is less protected, while you may find yourself in a situation where, after purchasing a proxy, you will find out that the IP has already been banned on a specific resource. If for your tasks you need data center proxies, buy them from trusted sellers.
Residential proxies. These are proxies issued by internet provider. Their difference is that they are unique and each IP can be assigned to only one user.
When visiting sites using resident proxies, the site owner will be able to see not only the IP, but also the country, city, service provider, browser from which the visit is made, and in some cases even the address. It turns out that you can completely imitate the actions of a real user who is not trying to hide anything. This automatically causes more trust.
In our experience, residential proxies are best suited for traffic arbitrage. On the one hand, they provide the resource owner with complete information about the connection, which means your trust is automatically higher. On the other hand, resident proxies are unique, which means you can be sure that no one has used this IP before and will not use it after you get it.
At the same time, since the residential proxies are provided by real providers and all information corresponds to the real connection, the resource owner cannot determine that you are actually using the proxy.
Due to all these advantages, the cost of such proxies is much higher and more often starts at $ 1.3 per unit.
Buying dont.farm accounts, you get unique proxies of a specific geo in the kit. This means that you do not have to spend extra money on the purchase of the necessary proxies and look for reliable sellers.